Stainless Steel Spectacle Blind Flanges Manufacturer, Carbon Steel Spectacle Blind Flanges Exporter, Alloy Steel Spectacle Blind Flanges Supplier, Spectacle Blind Flanges Manufacturer, Ss Spectacle Blind Flanges Exporter.
Asme B16.5 Blind Flanges Manufacturer Exporter, Stainless Steel Astm A182 F316l Blind Flanges, Inconel 600/601/625/718 Blind Flanges, Incoloy 800/800h/800 Ht Blind Flanges, Duplex 2205/2507 Blind Flanges, Nickel 200 Blind Flanges Manufacturer Exporter, Nickel 201 Blind Flange
A blind flange is a disk that is usually used to block off a pipeline or to create a stop on it. A blind flange has mounting holes around its perimeter and gasket sealing rings that are machined into the mating surface, much like a regular flange. However, a blind flange is not equipped with an opening to let fluids pass through. The blind flange, on the other hand, is placed between two open flanges in the pipe, stopping the flow through it. A lot of time, this type of blockade is used when adding a second line to an existing pipeline or when installing a new valve to an existing pipeline.
Blind Flanges Are Used In The Following Areas:
- A spade blind plate is placed at the junction with the pipe at the initial driving preparation stage, in order to test the strength of the pipeline and to test its tightness. However, it is not possible to do the testing in parallel with other equipment that is connected (such as a turbine, compressor, gasifier, reactor, etc.). A blind plate is placed at the junction with the pipe to make it easier to see.
- There are various process material pipes that are connected to the boundary area outside of the boundary area before the device is parked, if the pipe is still in operation, a blind plate is placed at the shut-off valve to block the pipe from being operated.
- As the device is in multiple series, the total pipeline from the boundary area is divided into a number of series, and the manifold is placed at the shut-off valve at the end of each pipeline series.
- An automatic shut-off valve is placed at the front of the device if it needs to be repaired, inspected, or switched to another device or if it requires the equipment to be completely isolated when the blind plate is placed there.
- Seesaws are installed at the shut-off valve when pressurized pipelines or replacement gas pipelines (such as nitrogen pipelines and compressed air pipelines) are connected to the equipment.
- It is necessary to drain the low point of the equipment and pipelines before the unit can be loaded. If the process medium needs to be concentrated into a single collection system, a blind plate is installed after the valve is closed.
- A blind plate or wire plug should be provided after the valve on the exhaust, drain, and sampling pipes of equipment and pipelines, except in the case of non-toxic, non-hazardous, and non-explosive materials.
- During the staged implantation of a device, the interconnected pipes are fitted with a seesaw at the cut-off valve for enabling subsequent stages of the construction to be carried out.
- In normal production, some auxiliary pipes that are necessary to be completely cut off must be protected with blind plates to keep them from being damaged or damaging the machine.
A spectacle blind is a simple safety device that is placed between two pipe flanges in order to provide a measure of safety. In normal operation, the open end is used as a spacer, keeping the flow uninterrupted. In order to stop the flow in the pipeline, the blind end must be rotated into place between the flanges, which isolates downstream piping and equipment. In general, Spectacle Blinds are installed on a permanent basis. The geometry of the device gives a quick visual indication of its orientation as well as whether or not it is safe to begin work downstream based on its orientation.
Both the flange spacer ring and spectacle blind flange are used in order to isolate sections of pipelines or equipment when they are needed for inspection or to be removed from the piping system. Yet, they are actually quite different from one another. Let us explore what is the difference between them next.
Spectacle Blind Flanges Application
- A stainless steel spectacle blind flange is used in the oil and gas pipeline industry
- In the chemical industry, spectacle blind flanges are used for a variety of purposes
- The use of alloy steel spectacle blind flanges in the plumbing industry is widespread
- Flanges with flat faces for use in the heating industry
- The use of spectacle blind pipe flanges in the water supply system is extensive
- Spectacle blind forged flanges are used in power plants to meet the requirements of ANSI B16.5
- The Paper & Pulp Industry uses Spectacle Blind Plate Flanges for a range of applications
- Use of Spectacle Blind Flanges in General Purpose Applications
- The use of steel spectacle blind flanges in the fabrication industry is extensive
- Aspects of the use of spectacle blind flanges in the food processing industry
- The use of pipe flange spacer in structural pipes is well known
There Is A Difference Between A Blind Flange And A Spectacle Blind Flange:
In the blind plate, the hole is not there in the middle, and this is why the 8-shaped blind plate is used to plug the pipe opening. It is a piece of pipe without a hole in the middle that is used to plug the pipe opening. A specific shape can be painted black on top of the “8” for convenience of maintenance. That is half the blind plate and half the iron ring, which is in the middle.
The function of a blind flange is different from that of a spectacle blind flange:
The function of the spacer blind is similar to that of the head and the pipe cap, except that the seal on the blind plate is a detachable sealing device, and that the seal on the head does not have the capability of being opened again. A wide variety of sealing surfaces can be found, including planes, convex surfaces, concave surfaces, mortise and groove surfaces, and ring connection surfaces. Materials include carbon steel, stainless steel, alloy steel, copper, aluminum, PVC, and PPR.
A flange ring spacer plate is frequently used with pipeline flanges, especially if the process needs to be changed. The material can be carbon steel, stainless steel, or alloy, based on the pipeline pressure grade and medium.
There are some differences between blind flanges and spectacle blind flanges, including:
A blind plate is mainly used to isolate the production medium in order to prevent the production from being affected or causing an accident if the shut-off valve is not closed properly, which may ultimately damage the production medium. There are a number of reasons why a blind plate should be used when isolating parts that require isolation, such as the equipment’s nozzle, the shut-off valve, or between two flanges, and most commonly the spectacle blind plate will be used in this situation; the plug-in plate (circular blind plate) can also be used when the part needs to be pressed and purged only once.
A spectacle blind plate is an easy product to use. When it comes to isolation, the pipe spacer ring end is used. When it comes to normal operation, the throttling ring end is used. In addition, it can also be used to fill the installation gap for blind plates in pipelines as well as fill the gap in the blind plate. One of the best things about it is that it is clear to identify which installation is on which pipeline.
Pipe flange spacer ring
A pipe flange spacer ring, also known as a piping spacer, is used to correct gaps or misalignments between flanges. Almost always, spacer rings are custom machined according to very specific measurements. The diameter of the rings we can turn in-house reaches 84 inches.